Benefits of Ghee
- Since ghee has a high smoke point (250 °C or 482 °F); it can be cooked and fried without breaking down into free radicals like other refined/processed oils
- Ghee is rich in the oil soluble vitamin A and E
- Ghee is rich in K2 and CLA(Conjugated Linoleic Acid) – an antioxidant with anti-viral properties if it is sourced from grass fed cows
- Bottom of Form
- Ghee is Nutritionally Rich Like Coconut Oil; rich in medium chain fatty acids, which are absorbed directly by the liver (like carbs) and burned as energy (Athletes use ghee as a consistent energy source)
- Weight Loss (The energy from these medium chain fatty acids can be used to burn other fats in the system and lose weight)
- Digestion and Immune Strengthening; Ghee (unlike other oils) is rich in butyric acid, a short chain fatty acid. Beneficial intestinal bacteria convert fiber into butyric acid and then use that for energy and intestinal wall support. A healthy body therefore makes its own form of ‘ghee’ but you can aid that greatly by consuming it.
- Strong Appetite; Ghee stimulates the secretion of gastric acid, thus aiding in the digestive process. Better digestion equals better health and weight loss.